Our approach is collaborative, whether consulting with communities, politicians, specialist interest groups or local representatives, we aim to achieve the best outcomes for all parties involved.
We actively encourage participation and open dialogue, which is crucial in helping to inform and shape emerging proposals.
We ensure communities and residents are contacted via their preferred means, increasing interaction, accessibility to information and achieving widespread engagement. This includes online consultation platforms, whereby stakeholders can feedback at home or on the move using smart phones and mobile communication devices.
Our commitment to consultation helps to identify opportunities and address concerns, as well as build a better understanding of local views, helping improve relationships with communities and politicians.
Our consultation activities include:
- Public information events and exhibitions
- Design workshops and charettes
- Community meetings
- Newsletters & community updates
- Online consultation
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Telephone consultation, market research and opinion polling
- Digital and social media
PDi will provide you with a comprehensive picture and understanding of the local political landscape in which you are operating.
This insight informs our strategy and dictates our route map to a positive local determination.
By producing clear, concise messaging and advising on a sequential approach to political engagement, we will build trust with the key decision makers, helping to ensure a swift and successful local decision.
How we can help:
- Navigating all tiers of local and national government, from parish councils to MHCLG
- Understanding political priorities and aspirations
- Political landscape audits and local intelligence
- Planning committee monitoring and preparation
- Election monitoring, analysis and political biographies
- Select Committee advice and preparation
- Central Government policy monitoring and strategic advice
- Intelligence on energy, eco-homes, waste management and housebuilding issues
We recognise that the print, broadcast and social media can make or break months of careful preparation and undo the relationships and trust that have been established.
We act as more than just a press office for our clients. We provide strategic media counsel to ensure that your plans, and the benefits of your proposals are clearly and effectively communicated to the press.
Through our monitoring service of local, regional and national press, web, TV and radio, our clients are always up to date on all that is being said, written or broadcast about their company, their proposals or their sector.
Post Planning Communications
We work with our clients to manage the necessary communications during construction to keep residents informed and abreast of all onsite activity, helping to avoid pitfalls and issues.
We can help with:
- Establishing and steering Community Liaison Group meetings
- Regular newsletters & e-newsletters
- Ongoing strategic media counsel and monitoring services
- Draft press releases & crisis communications
- National, local & trade press relations
- Media monitoring
- Local Authority & Central Government monitoring
DESIGN & DIGITAL
The PDi design team help develop unique identities for client projects of all sizes. We can identify project names, design suitable logos and websites which help reflects each developments unique attributes and benefits.
Newsletters and public material
Pdi’s thorough understanding of the masterplanning process enables us to translate technical jargon and plans into more user-friendly and intelligible language. Playing a key role in any project team and being responsible for all stakeholder relations, PDi are uniquely positioned to provide useful advice during the masterplanning process.
These elements help to create a brand for the project that will be used on all published material providing valuable continuity to any project. Once planning consent has been awarded, branding can be developed for site marketing and sales purposes.
PDi can provide advice on developing social media strategies, to support other engagement channels or specific online community monitoring.
How we can help:
- Project logos, branding, website design and build
- Newsletters and site promotion documents and materials
- Online and social media monitoring and management
- Interactive consultation platforms and channels
- Vlogs, drone footage and project team piece to camera