|Stirling Place is a recently acquired 4.8 acre strategic parcel of land that links Napier Park to the north side of Luton Airport Parkway rail station. Formerly a large disused distribution warehouse with ancillary office facilities and external car parking, the owners, Kimpton Road Properties Ltd, intend to create employment opportunities as part of a new local community and transport interchange with a careful balance of offices, shops and residential space to create a sustainable development with both public and private functions.
Luton Borough Council granted planning permission for the Stirling Place Development on the 20th of May 2009.
- A new link to Luton Airport Parkway
- Up to 400 residential units
- Up to 12,645 square metres of office space
- Up to 2,471 square metres of retail space
- A controlled junction that joins Napier Park to Stirling Place across Kimpton Road
- Under-croft parking for residents and employers/employees
- Designed to enable the future provision of a bus loop road
- conducting a focused political and media relations campaign to promote the strategic importance of the site
- making fresh approaches to Officers and Councillors with a revised quantum of development
- mediating with local stakeholders
- undertaking programme of community consultation and public exhibitions
- drafting Statement of Community Involvement