|Napier Park is the exciting mixed-use development of the fifty-five acre former Vauxhall Motors car plant occupying a prominent position between London Luton Airport and Luton town centre.
Napier Park is project managed by Explore Investments, the investment arm of Laing O’Rourke, the largest privately owned construction firm in the UK with over 23,000 employees worldwide. Outline planning of this site was granted by Luton Borough Council in March 2007. A further revised application was submitted in October 2008, and is awaiting a committee date.
- £400 million mixed-use development
- 45,000 sq m / 484,500 sq ft office accommodation
- 11,950 sq m / 129,000 sq ft general industrial accommodation
- 4,000 sq m / 43,000 sq ft local services and retail
- 1,000 residential units plus a 200 bed hotel and fitness centre
- 5,000 space car park and a possible casino
- Undertaking programme of community consultation and public exhibitions drafting
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Conducting a focused political and media relations campaign to facilitate the regeneration of this famous brown field site
- Forging solid relationships with local Councillors, MPs, Go East and EEDA
- Making fresh approaches to Officers and Councillors with a revised quantum of development
- Mediating with local stakeholders