Brickkiln - Is a proposal by Bloor Homes for 1,000 high quality homes over a 63 hectare site near Brickkiln Wood, to the East of Luton in North Hertfordshire. In Spring 2008, Bloor Homes conducted a public consultation on plans for a large development comprising around 3,000 homes. This included public exhibitions and workshops in order to give members of the public a full opportunity to comment on and participate in the development of the plans. Following analysis of feedback and a re-evaluation of the proposals, Bloor Homes are now proposing a significantly revised scheme, which has been scaled back to incorporate up to 1,000 high quality new homes.
- Up to 1,000 high quality homes
- Up to 40% affordable housing
- A new local centre with provision for new retail and community facilities including a café, convenience store and crèche
- A new two-form primary school at the heart of the development
- New public transport links
- Community Hall
- Four new play areas
- Allotment space
- New footpaths, cycleways and bridleways
- Existing ‘green corridor’ on edge of Luton to be supplemented with new open space and tree planting
- Liaising with all key stakeholders including both NHDC and LBC as well as the local delivery vehicle and GOEAST.
- Building dedicated project websites, allocation of free-phone numbers and specific consultation email addresses.
- Drafting press releases and feedback forms, liaising with the local media, political monitoring including Committee attendance
- Drafting of Statement of Community Involvement