Canvey Island, Castle Point, Essex is a scheme proposed by Persimmon Homes for an 26.7 hectare site situated to the west of Canvey Island. Initial plans include up to 300 family residential units along with much needed affordable housing, as well as a proposed leisure facility, healthcare facility, green open space with footpaths and cycleways.
The proposals include:
- Up to 300 new high quality family residential dwellings
- A sports hall with swimming pools and fitness studios
- Provision of a medical centre
- Children's play areas
- Specified nature and conservation areas
- Liaising with key local stakeholders including Councillors and Officers at Castle Point Borough Council and Canvey Island Town Council.
- Highlighting the scheme’s benefits to the local community
through public exhibitions. Monitoring all local press on site.
- Building dedicated project websites, allocation of free-phone
number and specific consultation email address, drafting feedback forms, culminating in the drafting of a Statement of Community Involvement.